Saturday, January 9, 2010

Niqab Part 2


fufufufu...

((click here for Niqab Part 1))

Now, wearing niqab might sound nice and cool…

But I don’t think you'll get much oxygen into your lungs, since your face is tightly covered and all. In fact, sometimes I feel kind of dizzy and weak--okay, that's not important.

What's important is that, you will somehow, encounter these problems.

If you are young and unmarried, there's a big possibility that you will…

Be treated like a Queen. People will make way for you, treat you better, give you accommodations, which are all kind of awesomeness.

And, be stared by adolescent boys. Not in disgust, of course. Far from that.

It was one of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me.

*somebody stares*
Me: What’s he looking at?
*stares like mad*
Me: Is there someone behind my back?
*still hasn’t stopped staring*
Me: …can’t possibly be looking at me, right?

Because why would you look at me when I practically looked like others?!

That’s urm…interesting.

I decided to observe more about this matter, asked plenty of people about this, and I found out that yeah, cover or no cover, if it’s a girl, then they will stare like they’ve never seen a girl before.

…okay maybe that last statement has a ring of truth in it.

Still, it’s weird!

And this reminds me of this videoclip that I saw on TV.

Majid Al-Mohandes - Mijana


She covered her face! Okay, not thoroughly but still, her face wasn’t visible.

But the man stalked her like mad.

Mad mad mad.

Can’t deny that she’s pretty though, but still, the man—okay you get that already.

I suppose the scene matched the lyrics, but then, I’m not that knowledgeable about Iraqi’s accent either. XD So I can’t comment further on that.

لابس الهبري وقالبته قالب
…wears the habry (another type of black cloak)…upside down/upwards?

...

Right! So that’s explained why she covered her face with her cloak aka habry and not with a niqab or hijab.

Still, doesn’t this strike you as odd?!

I’m trying to get used to this.

lol

*people stare*

I’m not looking at you…>.>

P/S: And in case you’re wondering, if they fancy a girl, they will only stare. And if the girl likes him back, she will also, only stare. Then, if the girl walks away, he will follow (just like in the videoclip). And stare some more. Nothing more than that. What, do you want to risk your good name and get thrown into the jail? Much better to marry an unknown girl who won your mother’s heart instead of being scorned upon by the community. :D

No comments: